Service Areas on the National Roads Network Consortia for Tranche 1 Announced
10 September 2007
A contract notice was placed in the OJEC on the 1st May 2007 seeking Request to Participate submissions from interested candidates for Tranche 1 Service Areas on the National Roads Network. This competition and the awarded contract will encompass the design, construction, operation and financing of 3 service areas in total; 2 located on the M1 motorway and 1 on the M4 motorway. A total of fourteen submissions were received in response to the OJEC contract notice.
Following careful consideration and assessment of the submissions received from all candidates, the Authority has decided to shortlist five candidates for Tranche 1 Service Areas on the National Roads Network.
The names of the candidates/consortia, which have been selected, are:
- Macon Consortium, comprising of Oyster Motors Limited and Black Shore Holdings Limited.
- Service Area Solutions, comprising of Bowen Construction Limited & Welcome Break Holdings Limited.
- Macquarie Partnerships for Ireland comprising of Macquarie Bank Limited, John Sisk & Son Holdings Limited and Lagan Construction Limited.
- Land Securities Trillium.
- Superstop Consortium, comprising of Pierse Contracting Limited, Petrogas Group Limited, Tedcastles Oil Limited and Davy.